My crazy polyphasic sleeper

Saturday, April 01, 2006

So, I really wish I could figure out how to actually do TITLES on this thing. *sigh* I guess it's not important, but just seeing my first line on the list of posts is mildly annoying.

Jeremy tried doing 20 min naps every our for a 4 hour block this morning. So, that means, 20 min of sleep, 40 min up. then 20 min of sleep again. He said it wasn't s a problem to fell asleep for the first 3 but that the last one was hard to get to sleep in. The nice part is that he's taping himself every time, downloading it to the computer and then analysing what he sees as important pieces of information. Have I mentioned that he obsesses a little on topics yet?

I have to admit, he's crazy. The level he is taking this is going to sound INSANE to most people. Our friends nicely say it just proves how desperate he is for SOMETHING, ANYTHING to work so he doesn't have to do the Mandibular Surgery.

I can only go on how Jeremy says he feels. There is no way I can tell much has changed really. He's still pretty dopey at the same times, pretty energetic (not a word most people would generally use about Jeremy btw) at the same time etc. He says he feels like he's finally awake for the first time.

So, I make an appearance at a party of good friends today, all three kids in tow and Aunt Grace for baby duty. Everyone asked how Jeremy was doing. I get to try to explain his INSANITY to them, one by one, trying hard to be supportive, but unable to really help them understand why we're doing this. I explain the surgery and Jeremy's test results from his sleep study, and some people understand. Of course, they then ask about the Cpap etc. There are some jokes, some jabs, but it's all in good fun. They are skeptical, our closer friends (who have talked to Jeremy at length on this whole thing) are more supportive. They know how difficult the apnea is for Jer.

I'm still having a hard time with translating Jeremy's current level of transition over to him working in two days. It's been more and more work for me over the last week. I can't see him working a regular schedule much less the early schedule he WANTS to attempt. I guess we'll make that call tomorrow.

wish me luck!

oh yea, and so far, no sane people responding to my blog! that either means our friends think I KNOW they are sane and aren't listing a comment, or, well, they aren't lol. Knew ya'll were crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home