My crazy polyphasic sleeper

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Updated day 4 - Jeremy hit rock bottom today. He doubted every reason for attempting this whole thing. The tiredness had turned into exhaustion and his latest additions to the routine hadn't even been attempted yet. He simply hit a wall and had a hard time figuring out how to get to the other side.

I read about it on his blog this afternoon which was several hours before his doubtful blog entry. (yea me I just did my first link!) I was encouraged that the thought of everything we've been through up to this point helped him get past it.

However, I did feel the need to clarify the following:

My supportiveness has been based on him putting heart and soul into making this work. Nothing less is going to be tolerated. It has been a HUGE adjustment for the family, vacation time taken off, schedules adjusted at work and home, cooking habit and eating habits changed, FINANCIAL investment with the healthy groceries (tofu, veggies etc.) to make sure he gets his protein requirements, time READING ALL THE LABELS ON BREAD to see what he can and can't eat, etc.

if he just quits?

1. I will kill him
2. I will have a hard time being at all supportive etc. with the next crazy thing he wants to try
3. I will kick his ass from here to next week
4. I will sick my sister on him, insulting his manhood etc. in a way and to a level I cannot even IMAGINE much less ATTEMPT to repeat here
5. No one will take him seriously again, all those people that said it couldn't work etc. will have a crazy laugh rather than being proven wrong (and again, my sister comes to mind)

So, as of now, almost 10pm eastern time on Tuesday 28th Jeremy understands the level of his commitment, how seriously we are taking this, how important it is to give everything in order to really see if it will work. There will be no second attempt. This is it. Make it or break it, bud.

Right now he's feeling good, even capable of being entertainingly conversational and we can laugh and joke about the above warning/threat.

But know, next time he has a weak moment, he'll know without a doubt that he'd better find a way past it.

Of course, I say all this in the most loving, supportive, I'm going to kick your ass if you weenie out on this, way. I want this to as much if not more than he does. The thought of him not breathing during the night scares me. The risks of high blood pressure, heart attack etc. as a result of the apnea is terrifying. He's too young to have that hover over his head. Our family needs him. I need him. I will not accept anything less than his best effort on this.

I love you, honey, hang in there! Wake me up if you need to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home