My crazy polyphasic sleeper

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Day 5 - Well, I got annoyed with Jeremy today. I keep waiting to be able to sleep in with this whole theory of him being up and able to take care of the kids. But, he crashed pretty badly this morning. I woke up to our baby crying. I tried to just wait for him to get her, but she got increasingly upset and I couldn't just listen any more.

I went into Jeremy's room (he's put a bed in our office area) and bopped him on the head saying he's not supposed to be sleeping at 6:30am, it's not a scheduled time. I got an incredulous "huh" like "how interesting, how did that happen" reaction and then nothing. Went back in, same "huh" in response. So, then I got annoyed. more time had passed, he was still sleeping, alarms going off and I knew he was supposed to be up. I raised my voice and told him he didn't leave me a note or anything so I assumed he needed to be up and to wake up now.

I have to admit I was disappointed in myself for being so snippy. I guess since the cleaning up energy thing has been slowing down, I just wanted to be able to sleep in for once. Oh well. He actually thanked me for waking him. I guess he didn't get the snippy effect, then again, he's really groggy at this point.

His 8:30am nap seemed to go better. He was at least up on his own, pitching in, awake enough for me to leave the house for my appointment.

When I got home just now, things went well in my abscense and he was ready for hi 12:30pm nap, right on time! So, I'm encouraged for this afternoon!

Reading his blog helps. I get to hear more of what he's thinking without all the normal boring details he tends to include when he's actually speaking it.

What is the deal with actually being more informative on a blog? I guess it's something to do with the expectation of a 3rd party reading it, with no background, and you have to fill them in enough to read on?

oh who knows. I don't read blogs yet. I'm still trying to get the hang of this!

oh yea, and Jeremy got is first comment! of course, it wasn't on the polyphasic sleeping, it was on the kids throwing up lol.

oh well, who knows why these blogs are so popular anyway!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Alcuin Bramerton said…

    Jeremy needs a better woman. Perhaps she can only be found on the other side of the sleepgate.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    Better woman eh? I don't think one exists on either side of the sleepgate :-) Of course I'd have to ask Flutterby for confirmation...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home